##### Installing #####
UPDATED JUNE 2011!!
- Backup your current .wine directory before start installing!!
- Run winetricks to install corefonts, fontfix, msxml3, msxml6,
dotnet2, dmusic, dplay, quartz, vc2005, vc2008, quicktime72 or
quicktime76, from winetricks GUI or from terminal with the command:
("winetricks corefonts fontfix msxml3 msxml6 dotnet2 dmusic dplay quartz
vc2005 vc2008 quicktime76")
- Now run Sony Vegas installer and stop it when showing the
request of installation/downloading of Visual C++ 2005 Redistribuitable
and .NET Framework 3
- NOT close the installer!!
- Now go to drive_c (or your wine dir installation) > Program Files
> Sony Setup and launch the msi Sony Vegas installer
"vegas80_enu.msi" with the short command: "wine start vegas80_enu.msi"
- From Program Files > Sony Setup launch the file
- Now you can close the installer
- Sony Vegas require a Windows XP dll to work (implemented in Wine
but it presents lacks), copy "msvfw32.dll" from Windows > System32
folder or download from the internet (http://www.dll-files.com or similar websites) and paste to wine dir installation > System32 and set them to native
- To set as native open winecfg ("wine winecfg") from terminal, go
to "Libraries" and above "New override for library" type "msvfw32",
click "Add" then click "Edit", check "Native (Windows)" and press "OK",
click to "Apply" and close Wine Config
- Install Sony Vegas Pro 8, register or try it using "Register
from another computer" from the internet (direct registration over the
internet still not work for a wininet/urlmon bug): https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/reg/software
- Run Sony Vegas Pro 8, enjoy and report issues to wine AppDB
What does not
##### Known issues #####
- Sony Vegas start with the error: "An error occurred starting Sony Vegas. Failed to register with windows terminal services". UPDATE!! Go to Program Files > Sony > Vegas Pro 8.0 and edit the file "ErrorReportConfig.xml", at the line "enabled" change the value from "yes" to "no".
- You can not drag the Video Preview and other elements of the main window
- Sony ProType Titler
is not working due to malfunction of some components of the .NET
- With Compiz enabled the Startup screen, transparent images and icons have a black background. UPDATE!! Icons transparency now works fine, update Wine.
- Problem with text alignment and break line in Sony Text Generator, other problem with Media generators
What was not tested
- Capture video in action
- Scripting functions
- Disc burning
- Multicamera mode
- The folder "Program Files" can be localized in your language
- Vegas requires also Windows Media Player to be able to export/import Windows Media video and audio, to get it: "winetricks wmp10" or install Windows Media Runtime redistributable.
- Rendering works better then Windows virtualization!