What does not
What was not tested
- i'm using the dvd version - for patching to 1.3 i had some trouble, the reason was the dvd version. So i have to load "SplinterCell13DVD.zip". This package includes the patch 1.3 and two folders named "DVD Patch 1" and "DVD Patch 2". Enter "DVD Patch 1" and replace the orginal splintercell.exe (C:\Progam Files\Ubisoft\...) with this one. Start the setup (patch 1.3). When its done enter "DVD Patch 2" and replace the splintercell.exe again. More Infos: http://ubisoft-de.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft_de.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10502 - If you have problems with the fullscreen mode (e.g. broken, flaring), check the resultion - fglrx 11.1, HD4330
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Nov 26 2015||1.8-rc1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Georg Mueller|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 29 2013||1.6||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 13 "Maya"||Oct 20 2012||1.5.15||Yes||Yes||Gold||Carlos Rodriguez|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||Feb 02 2011||1.3.12||Yes||Yes||Gold||Cùran|
|Current||Aptosid 64bit||Jan 28 2011||1.3.12||Yes||Yes||Silver||Yu Tendo|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|9609||graphical glitches running Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Demo||NEW||View|
For Windows and Linux systems who have newer video cards--
PROBLEM: The shadow placements may be incorrect. Spot light beams may not appear. Flash light beams may not appear. Ceiling light beams may not appear.
1. In the game folder go to SYSTEM folder and open SplinterCell.ini file with text editor.
2. Find block [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice] and add or change (if string exists) ForceShadowMode=1 to ForceShadowMode=0
3. Save edited file.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: Workaround for projected shadows not working by Julian Murgia on Friday October 26th 2012, 2:03
- RE: Test Report by nxxs on Saturday November 7th 2009, 9:34