Everything appears to be working very well, loading saving and running! Played for about an hour and tested every feature aside from netplay.
What does not
Unknown as of yet
What was not tested
So my steps ~Before Install # winetricks dcom98 vcrun2008 mono24 ~Installed Game # cd ~/.wine/c/Programme/Runic\ Games/Torchlight/ # wine Torchlight.exe SAFEMODE=1 ~ Go to Settings--> Enter desired resolution, select ok and game will error out. # winecfg ~ Select Graphics-->Emulate virtual desktop | enter resolution for game # wine Torchlight.exe Worked flawless for me!
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 03 2017||2.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Dmitri Smirnov|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 27 2017||2.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Ben|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 13 2016||1.9.5||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Mar 07 2016||1.9.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Feb 06 2016||1.8.1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
1. Buy and Download installation file from either Gamersgate.com or Steam, "torchlightgame.com" and "perforctworld.com" versions will install but will NOT run.
2. download winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks)
3. sh winetricks vcrun2008 d3dx9
4. download http://www.runicgames.com/uploads/safemode.zip, extract the files and run the .bat file using wine
5. either run winecfg and configure Display to run in emmulated desktop, or use the command line $ wine explorer desktop=Torchlight,1280x1024 "c:\program files\runic games\torchlight\torchlight.exe"
Forgive me for the moment until I can confirm the above $PATH stuff again, but I am doing this from memory. I have yet to succesfully run this game as I have the torchlightgames.com version. All comments are welcome and if you have new information for this howto please also note it in the comments section so we can maintain a properly updated HOWTO.