Using Steam version, Everything, Max settings, Cloud Sync entire story line, Did not experience any crashes or glitches. I know that this game supports OpenGL, but I didn't bother with enabling it. With directx, the in-game fps shows 140 fps average. If you have a less powerful graphics card or cpu, it may be better to enable OpenGL, no stutters what so ever.
What does not
Could not find anything, I didn't test any mods for the game.
What was not tested
Tested all in game settings that are available.
Steam installed DirectX and it was ready to go. Did not have to modify any files. Intel i5 750 @ 4GHz GTX 560 2GB 8GB Ram
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 03 2017||2.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Dmitri Smirnov|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 27 2017||2.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Ben|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 13 2016||1.9.5||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Mar 07 2016||1.9.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Feb 06 2016||1.8.1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
1. Buy and Download installation file from either Gamersgate.com or Steam, "torchlightgame.com" and "perforctworld.com" versions will install but will NOT run.
2. download winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks)
3. sh winetricks vcrun2008 d3dx9
4. download http://www.runicgames.com/uploads/safemode.zip, extract the files and run the .bat file using wine
5. either run winecfg and configure Display to run in emmulated desktop, or use the command line $ wine explorer desktop=Torchlight,1280x1024 "c:\program files\runic games\torchlight\torchlight.exe"
Forgive me for the moment until I can confirm the above $PATH stuff again, but I am doing this from memory. I have yet to succesfully run this game as I have the torchlightgames.com version. All comments are welcome and if you have new information for this howto please also note it in the comments section so we can maintain a properly updated HOWTO.