Everything so far works
What does not
At first my sound was very " bad " , I use dto hear lots of pops, cuts, etc it was terrible;
what got it perfect for me was that i used q4wine and went to winecfg and to the audio side and I manually selected my sound board, I re launched the game and now my audio works awesomely
What was not tested
You dont have to setup anything else, unless you run unto audio issues do what I did above. My build had Manjaro Linux x64 My rig has: AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz ASROCK 785gxh/128M Sapphire HD 7850 2Gb OC edition 8GB DDR2 Ram 5400RPM 2.5 HDD (For testing purposes) Fast Track C400 1080p Monitor
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Mar 11 2020||5.3||N/A||Yes||Yes||Gold||vv221|
|Show||Linux From Scratch||May 24 2019||4.3||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Colum Paget|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 03 2017||2.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Dmitri Smirnov|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 27 2017||2.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Ben|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 13 2016||1.9.5||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
1. Buy and Download installation file from either Gamersgate.com or Steam, "torchlightgame.com" and "perforctworld.com" versions will install but will NOT run.
2. download winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks)
3. sh winetricks vcrun2008 d3dx9
4. download http://www.runicgames.com/uploads/safemode.zip, extract the files and run the .bat file using wine
5. either run winecfg and configure Display to run in emmulated desktop, or use the command line $ wine explorer desktop=Torchlight,1280x1024 "c:\program files\runic games\torchlight\torchlight.exe"
Forgive me for the moment until I can confirm the above $PATH stuffÂ again, but I am doing this from memory. I have yet to succesfully run this game as I have the torchlightgames.com version. All comments are welcome and if you have new information for this howto please also note it in the comments section so we can maintain a properly updated HOWTO.