What does not
What was not tested
Everything works out of the box, gog version.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Mar 11 2020||5.3||N/A||Yes||Yes||Gold||vv221|
|Show||Linux From Scratch||May 24 2019||4.3||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Colum Paget|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 03 2017||2.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Dmitri Smirnov|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 27 2017||2.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Ben|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 13 2016||1.9.5||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|21248||No sound in multiple applications, needs mmdevapi implemented||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|21779||Torchlight game - some particle effects are too big.||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
|28546||Torchlight demo fails with err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
|29490||enviroment shows up black and character is covered with blue dots in torchlight||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
|31845||unimplemented function msvcr90.dll.fread_s||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|32573||Torchlight fails to start due to corrupted local_settings.txt (CSS=unicode)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|35361||Multiple games and applications crash or freeze on input (Steam with in-game community overlay enabled, The Scourge Project)(cross-process/thread IME manipulation is forbidden)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|42289||Torchlight "not responding" dialog in wine-staging||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|44104||Torchlight: rendering issue when GLSL is enabled||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|48723||Torchlight - Loading times are excessively long||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
1. Buy and Download installation file from either Gamersgate.com or Steam, "torchlightgame.com" and "perforctworld.com" versions will install but will NOT run.
2. download winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks)
3. sh winetricks vcrun2008 d3dx9
4. download http://www.runicgames.com/uploads/safemode.zip, extract the files and run the .bat file using wine
5. either run winecfg and configure Display to run in emmulated desktop, or use the command line $ wine explorer desktop=Torchlight,1280x1024 "c:\program files\runic games\torchlight\torchlight.exe"
Forgive me for the moment until I can confirm the above $PATH stuffÂ again, but I am doing this from memory. I have yet to succesfully run this game as I have the torchlightgames.com version. All comments are welcome and if you have new information for this howto please also note it in the comments section so we can maintain a properly updated HOWTO.