Pretty much every function: the equalizer and reverb effects, DSPs, the WAVE writer, LAME and OGG encoders, visualizations (and tracker formats pattern display), the version checker, the plugins (several formats, archive reading, ...), running multiple instances, skins, ...
Tested plugins were: Zip, RAR and 7z archives support; AAC, ALAC, APE, FLAC, MIDI, WMA and CDA formats; DirectSound output.
What does not
- Warns about the font "Lucida Console" used in the default skin and not being present, it's replaced by "Arial".
- Sometimes the equalizer and playlist wings of the default skin are set to "always on top" being over the main window when they're closed and over any other program which takes the focus. Minimizing XMPlay when any panel is set to "always on top" will cause it not to minimize.
- Currently can't play SHOUTcast streams.
- In the configuration dialog, although the options are set or unset, it asks if there you want to discard the changes when changing between option tabs (even if nothing is changed).
- Drag and drop doesn't work.
- When setting keyboard shortcuts multimedia keys can't be mapped unless it's in combination with a special key (i.e. Ctrl, Alt, Shift, ...).
- Closing and opening the extended view panel will cause it to have a standard window border randomly.
- The windows flicker when you move them around, and there is a chance that any of the panels disappear, being reestarting the only way for it/them to show up.
- After the configuration dialog is opened moving any XMPlay window will cause it not to respond but appear where it should be after moving it like 1-2 seconds after releasing the mouse button (if Compiz effects are activated, if not the flickering is extreme). Sometimes the window may even disappear with killing the process (xmplay.exe) and opening it again the only solution, but the music keeps playing.
What was not tested
The other plugins out there I guess, I think the other things got covered.
The problems regarding "always on top" things for example were found in the default skin, may not be there in other skins (in fact they weren't in some). Besides that nothing else remarkable.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Arch Linux||Jan 15 2010||1.1.36||N/A||Yes||Bronze||Alexander De Sousa|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|1348||RegisterHotKey and UnregisterHotKey are not implemented. (Affects e.g. Adobe Photoshop.)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|10815||Drag from native apps, drop to Wine doesn't work||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|16367||Applications don't receive multimedia keys||NEW||View|