Patch 1.1 went live 2010/3/3
- Installing through Steam after pre-requisites installed via winetricks (See comments).
- Playing the game in multiplayer, playable framerate on an nVidia GeForce 9600GT.
- Running around in the dome and out in the Sandstorm area.
What does not
- Main menu, navigating the menu, selecting a character due to MouseWarpOverride=force (See comments).
- While in-game, the items on the mini menu when you press Escape are not visible, but they are click-able if you do not force mouse warping. Most menu items have hotkeys assigned to them that work fine.
- Mercenary and other missions due to MouseWarpOverride=force being enabled. (See comments.)
What was not tested
- Agency vs Agency gameplay because I am unable to be combat effective with the mouse issues.
- To install: - Download Global Agenda Demo through Steam (DO NOT RUN YET) - Open a terminal - (Only if using wineprefixes) export WINEPREFIX="/path/to/wine/prefix" - winetricks vcrun2005 physx xact mono26 - wine regedit "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\global agenda live\PreReqs\prereqs_on.reg" - Launch Demo in Steam, you can log in to free or paid accounts even with the Steam "Demo" version. - One workaround for the mouse problems is to leave MouseWarpOverride=enabled or disabled and not "force". Then turn the in-game mouse sensitivity very high. It is difficult to use at first, but I was playing like this before I broke down and installed Global Agenda in a Windows partition. This let me navigate the game menus and play without hitting the edge of the screen as often.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard"||Sep 05 2011||1.3.27||N/A||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 21 2011||1.3.21||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 18 2011||1.3.20||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 21 2011||1.3.18||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 22 2010||1.3.5||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|