Everything ingame works fine. I've noticed no gfx-bugs or anything unwanted. And only one crash in my 40h playthrough (did not occur twice - so i guess a random crash).
What does not
Mass Effect configuration utility.
What was not tested
Wineprefix: x32 Installed: dxd9, xinput, xact and VC++ 2005 Testsystem: Custom build desktop PC: Gigabyte Z77 Board, Intel i5-3330s, 16 GB Memory, nvidia GTX 550 Ti Attention: Installation crashed at the end on "datasetup.exe". I've ignored that, applied patch 1.01, then 1.01a including DLC and finally 1.02. The game froze my system when i started it in fullscreen. I had to edit the config file manually: Look for BIOEngine.ini in your wine prefix's "My Documents/Bioware/Mass Effect/Config" directory. open it with your favourite editor and search for: StartupFullscreen=True just change it to StartupFullscreen=False and set your window resolution in the lines below. Example: StartupResolutionX=1900 StartupResolutionY=1000 PS: i did not try to fix the crash on start in fullscreen (first time start)
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Testing "Bullseye"||Jan 10 2020||5.0-rc4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||bestie|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 10.x "Buster" x86_64||Nov 24 2019||4.20-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Prajwal Gaonkar|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 14 2019||4.1-staging||N/A||Yes||Yes||Silver||HugoPoi|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jun 19 2018||3.10||No||Not installable||No||Garbage||Sinan Ozan|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 04 2016||1.9.0||Yes||Yes||Gold||Jaka Kranjc|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|7991||Test Drive: Unlimited messed up graphics||REOPENED||View|
|24392||Unreal Engine 3: Motion Blur Effect Makes Games Unplayable||RESOLVED||NOTOURBUG||View|
|24417||America's Army 3 and other games fail: d3dcompiler needs a working HLSL compiler (vs_3_0)||NEW||View|
Be aware, that aforementioned stand-alone config utility in version 1.0 (unpatched) of Mass Effect has many issues under Windows as well, ofted resulting in its hang.
This problem occurs mainly (but not exclusively) on quad-processor machines.
Patched version should have this problems fixed (supposedly).
Get audio to work
Edit "Documents/BioWare/Mass Effect/Config/BIOEngine.ini"
Add the following under the "[ISACTAudio.ISACTAudioDevice]" section:
Ensure "Hardware Audio" is turned off in Sound settings in game
To get the MEUITM installer to work
A custom MassEffectModder.exe must be suppliedThis is seemingly due to it using functions not fully implemented in wine/mono
A hacky, usable version can be found here: https://github.com/DougTy/Mass...
Occasional "rendering exception" error while playing MEIUTM requires your game's binary be large address aware.
MassEffect.exe can be patched using this tool: https://www.techpowerup.com/fo...
Make a backup before patching!