Using Windows 98 configuration :
- launching CPU-Z
- CPU tab (partially - some fields remains empty)
- Caches tab
- Memory tab (partially : only size field is complete)
- Saving report as .txt or .html
What does not
- Using another wine configuration than windows 98 : driver error message "driver in version 1.35 are required" and any information in CPU-Z tabs
- Using windows 98 :
- CPU tab : no code name, unable to selected processors in "selection", Multiplier, bus
speed and Rated FSB fields are empty
- Mainboard tab : no information in any field
- Memory : all tabs excepted memory size
- SPD tab
- Graphics tab
What was not tested
Validating a CPUZ result
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian 10.x "Buster"||Dec 03 2020||5.22||N/A||Yes||No||Silver||TestingTigerwolf|
|Show||Arch Linux||Apr 20 2019||4.6-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Roman Stingler|
|Show||Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 11 2017||2.20-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Bronze||vsteel|
|Show||openSUSE Tumbleweed (rolling release)||May 10 2017||2.7||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Hunter Nightblood|
|Show||CentOS 6.6||May 25 2015||1.7.43||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Artem S. Tashkinov|
Run the program in Win95, 98 or ME mode and it will work and show basic information.
This stuff won't get fixed in near future due to kernel drivers with direct hardware access.
See bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7876 for some patches to play with.
Though no useful information is returned due to restricted API/instruction usage.
Thanks to Anastasius Focht for this.