everything so far
What does not
What was not tested
all the parts of the game not reached yet
The game must be played on a version of WINE compiled with mpg123 support (unlike the default version that comes from Arch Linux) and a native quartz library. To fix the fonts the OLD RM2K font patch available on the Everlong download page must be used. I can't get the newer RM2K3 one to work.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Arch Linux||Apr 07 2010||1.1.42||Yes||Yes||Gold||Peter Dunning|
1) Ensure WINE is compiled with mpg123 support to allow mp3 files to play
2) Install Everlong by running the installer and unzipping any patches into the install directory
3) Run the RM2K font patch installer (The RM2K3 patch doesn't seem to work)
4) Download quartz.dll from somewhere and place it in C:\windows\system32
5) Run winecfg and set to run in a virtual desktop (not necessary but it prevents problems with running as full screen at the cost of running in a small window)
6) Decode and re-encode Music/SE_Cultists.mp3 to use a codec WINE can handle. Run the following in a terminal:
mpg123 -w SE_Cultists.wav SE_Cultists.mp3
lame SE_Cultists.wav SE_Cultists.mp3
7) Run Everlong with WINEDLLOVERRIDES=quartz=n wine "C:\Program Files\Everlong\RPG_RT.exe"