|Latest Wine Version Tested:||1.6|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
Securom online registration/activation
What does not
Game fails to start, loads to splashscreen, but trying
to start a game session results in a crash.
What was not tested
Anything to do with actual gameplay/using the game
Not exactly sure if the DRM is failing and/or if there's d3d woes as well stopping it.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 7.x "Wheezy" x86_64||Aug 03 2013||1.6||No, but has workaround||Yes||Silver||Mr Nobody|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny"||Apr 07 2010||1.1.42||Yes||No||Garbage||Mr Nobody|
Admin note: The following was posted in a user comment on 2013-08-04 and may or may not be relevant to current Wine:
One of the current bugs with
the gamefly client, is that it fails to launch any game when you click
on the 'play now' widget (error #3219), and if you try to manually
launch the game (with or without the gamefly client running in the same
$wineprefix), wine goes BooM! and crashes in what seems like a drm
... I discovered what does actually work, is enabling the emulated virtual desktop mode in winecfg, starting the gamefly client as per normal, and then you will see a launcher icon for Sega Rally on the virtual desktop -> launch the game from that icon, and it'll do the online drm stuff & launch game fine. The intro videos don't work (yet), so you have to tap the spacebar a few times at the starting blackscreen/cutscene to get to the menus, but once there the game behaves quite well and runs fine...
..the other annoying bug the gamefly client currently has, is you need use wine-1.5.15 for it to actually -install- any game it downloads. This is a pita, 'coz you really want to use wine-1.6 right now -- so, using whatever method you use to manage multiple wine versions (I find playonlinux handy for this), do something like...
* create a new $wineprefix using wine-1.5.15
* using that $wineprefix, do 'winetricks wininet'
* install the gamefly client (and any required updates manually)
* with the gamefly client running, login to your account to download and -install the game, but do -not- try to launch the game now ; once the installation is complete, logout/quit the gamefly client
* initialize the same $wineprefix, using wine-1.6 and by starting winecfg -> remove the wininet override in the libraries tab, apply -> ok
* using the same $wineprefix, do 'winetricks directx9 dotnet20sp2 vd=1024x768'
...now start the gamefly client, and then the game from the virtual desktop icon as per above ; the setting of 1024x768 for the virtual desktop is arbitrary - adjust the resolution in the game options to suit your needs (if the game complains, set the same resolution in 'desktop size' in winecfg graphics tab).