The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
- AI, Fighting, Freerunning - Everything
Screen Resizing works as well.
What does not
What was not tested
Game Editor Tools
Tested with alpha 172, GDC version.
Works flawlessly (not tested editing), and hwreport.txt is not required.
CPU usage and performance is reasonable.
Performance comparable to performance on Windows 7 x86, ie. Excellent.
1. Preorder the game so you can get access to the alpha
2. Download & install the .exe
3. Install vcrun2005 using winetricks
4. Place an empty "hwreport.txt" in the /Overgrowth/Data/ folder
Wolfire Games has promised a native Linux client, so hopefully we'll see that soon!
At the current state, Overgrowth.exe seems to use 100% CPU on my PC. Please report if you've got the same problem.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
by su107 on Sunday June 29th 2014, 5:17
I can run it with all top settings, sound and any resolution, including full-screen but:
- in-game fps is too low, however design mode gives excellent fps.
- during map loading multiple shader errors pop-up (it can't parse shader files correctly). Wine allows to skip them but this causes absence of most textures, including players.