##### Installing #####
- Backup your current .wine directory before start installing!!
- Run winetricks to install corefonts, fontfix, msxml3, msxml6,
dotnet2, dotnet3, dmusic, dplay, quartz, vc2005, vc2008, quicktime72 or
quicktime76, from winetricks GUI or from terminal with the command:
("winetricks corefonts fontfix msxml3 msxml6 dotnet2 dotnet3 dmusic dplay quartz
vc2005 vc2008 quicktime76")
- Now run Sony Vegas installer and stop it when showing the
request of installation/downloading framework and runtimes
- NOT close the installer!!
- Now go to drive_c (or your wine dir installation) > Windows > Temp > SonyInstall_1 and launch the msi Sony Vegas installer
"vegas90.msi" with the short command: "wine start vegas90.msi"
- From Program Files > Sony Setup launch the file
"vcredist_x86.exe, "vcredist2_x86.exe" and "WMFDist11-WindowsXP-X86-ENU.exe"
- Now you can close the installer
- Sony Vegas require a Windows XP dll to work (implemented in Wine
but it presents lacks), copy "msvfw32.dll" from Windows > System32
folder or download from the internet (http://www.dll-files.com or similar websites) and paste to wine dir installation > System32 and set them to native
- To set as native open winecfg ("wine winecfg") from terminal, go
to "Libraries" and above "New override for library" type "msvfw32",
click "Add" then click "Edit", check "Native (Windows)" and press "OK",
click to "Apply" and close Wine Config
- Disable Error reporting client (this crash at Vegas startup), from the .wine directory go to Program Files > Sony > Vegas Pro 9.0 and edit the file "ErrorReportConfig.xml", at the line "enabled" change the value from "yes" to "no".
- Install Sony Vegas Pro 9, register or try it using "Register
from another computer" from the internet (direct registration over the
internet still not work for a wininet/urlmon bug): https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/reg/software
- Run Sony Vegas Pro 9
- Vegas show the error: "A necessary function has not been implemented" and freeze
What does not
All, for the WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) implementation partially missing in Wine
What was not tested