|License:||Free to use and share|
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||3.17|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
What does not
What was not tested
Cant install with MTX installer. I copied the MW4 Folder from a Windows installation - this works to install the game on Windows. Crashes with bug 8563 on startup.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 03 2018||3.17||No||Not installable||No||Garbage||SDM|
|Current||Linux Mint 13 "Maya" x86_64||Jan 01 2014||1.7.9||No, but has workaround||No||Garbage||mx2|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 19 2011||1.3.18||No, but has workaround||Yes||Bronze||spoonie|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 29 2010||1.3.10||No, but has workaround||Yes||Gold||spoonie|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Nov 20 2010||1.3.7||No, but has workaround||Yes||Gold||spoonie|
Mektek wine howto
1. Install 7-zip for your distribution and a archive manager for youe desktop thats supports 7zip
2. Install wine from your distribution repo or get it from http://www.winehq.org/
3. Install libgsm if in your distribution repo has it (not necessary but it wine looks for it)
4. Install vcrun2005 and corefonts fronts from winetricks http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks
5. Download mechwarrior4mercenaries.all.to.51.03.01.0021.mtx form mektek website
6. Download all patches as win patch as mtx extractor dose not work under wine due to been written in .NET
7. Extract mechwarrior4mercenaries.all.to.51.03.01.0021.mtx to somewhere on your file system with your chosen archive manager.
8. Apply the win patches in order with wine
9. In your base dir open options.ini and change ShadowMode=2 to ShadowMode=1 outherwise game will carsh when looking at any shadows.
10. Start MW4Mercs.exe with these command line options
eg: wine MW4Mercs.exe -noautoconfig -window /gosnoblade /gosnodialogs /gosnovideo
(thanks to Georg Hennig post in wineappdb http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=5686 )
Singel player game works but atm there is no multiplayer (game will crash bug http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4066)