Pretty much every function: the equalizer and reverb effects, DSPs, the
WAVE writer, LAME and Ogg Vorbis encoders, visualizations (and the
pattern display), the version checker, the plugins (several formats,
archives reading, ...), running multiple instances, skins, ...
Tested plugins were: Zip, RAR and 7z archives plugins; AAC, ALAC, APE, FLAC, MIDI (along with some SoundFonts), WMA and CDA sound formats; DirectSound output.
What does not
- Warns about the font "Lucida Console" being missing. It's used in the default skin and is replaced by "Arial".
- Generally the equalizer and playlist wings of the default skin are set to "always on top" being over the main window when they're fold and over any other program which takes focus. Minimizing XMPlay when any panel is in this setting will cause it not to minimize.
- Currently can't play SHOUTcast streams (it's able to do so when running under Crossover instead).
- When moving among configs in the configuration a dialog arises asking if you want to discard the changes (even if none was made). You my say yes, the changes are saved correctly.
- When setting keyboard shortcuts multimedia keys cannot be mapped unless they are in combination with a special key (e.g. Ctrl, Alt, Shift, ...).
- XMPlay windows flicker when moved around, causing serious moving issues some times. It's possible to get XMPlay to disappear by moving it, once this happens either you close XMPlay from the system tray (if you have enabled this functionality) or you kill the process.
What was not tested
Other plugins apart from the ones specified above.
Drag and drop operations can be done now, as support for D&D between X11 and OLE was implemented in 1.3.1. The rating wouldn't be bronze strictly I'd rate it bronze-silver, there are some issues which still need to be addressed but the overall performance is quite good.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Arch Linux||Aug 22 2010||1.3.1||N/A||Yes||Bronze||Alexander De Sousa|
|Show||Arch Linux||Aug 10 2010||1.3.0||N/A||Yes||Bronze||Alexander De Sousa|