ÂI have not fully tested this application as yet, but have attempted to install it and get it running.
The installation process installs the core application files, and the application may be started by executing
C:\NGMDVD\NGMAG.exe. Note that the DVD's must be mounted without Joliet and RedBook support or the install will not complete successfully.
The application pops up a message saying that the Start and Exit videos cannot be played as QuickTime 2.0 is not installed, but loads up to the main interface fine.Â
What does not
* The installation fails claiming that "the program folders cannot be created". No icons are added to the Start Menu.
* QuickTime installation fails. (QuickTime 2.0 16-bit)
* Registration is not possible as the program requires a modem to dial-up.
* Internet Connectivity complains that the "application is not available"
* Quickly flipping through pages using the >> and > functions sometimes says that the "page is unavailable" when reading from DVD - doing it slowly works.
What was not tested
To mount a DVD as non Joliet/RedBook on Mac OS X (where /dev/disk1 is your CD drive: > sudo su - # umount /dev/disk1 # mkdir /Volumes/NGMTEMP # /sbin/mount_cd9660 -r -jÂ /dev/disk1 /Volumes/NGMTEMP
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard"||Aug 12 2010||1.2||No, but has workaround||Yes||Bronze||JW|