- Installation through steam works fine
- Single player works
- Tutorials of game works
- Game settings
What does not
- Attempting to launch from steam will cause issues
- Found that it was best to directly launch the game through the game's executable. Launching through steam will lead to the overriding necessary DLLs for the game by attempting to install them again (which it fails to do).
What was not tested
- Using a 32bit wrapper is recommended
- In my case I found that lowering graphical settings had little if any impact on performance at all.
- Encountered issues with sound. Sound effects worked fine, but music did not play.
- Lag occurs upon highlighting troops. Still attempting to find a solution (have dedicated 20+ hours in attempting to do so with some success in reducing the problem, no full solution yet).
- NOTE: Wine version selected is not one used (could not find the version I used specifically). As mentioned before though, a 32 bit version is recommended.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||macOS 12 "Monterey"||Apr 14 2022||6.0.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Maxim|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||May 29 2014||1.7.19||Yes||Yes||Silver||Quirin Pamp|
|Show||openSUSE 11.4 x86_64||Dec 13 2011||1.3.32||Yes||Yes||Silver||Nathan|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 25 2011||1.3.23||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Mike LJ|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 12 2011||1.3.15||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|30988||Multiple .NET applications using System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser crash with Wine-Mono (libgluezilla needed for Mono.WebBrowser/Mono.Mozilla support)(Ragnarok download manager, The Sims 3 Launcher)||NEW||View|
|35163||Victoria 2: A House Divided crashes on start with built-in quartz||NEW||View|