Nothing, when I launch the installer with 'Wine Program Loader' I get a crash.
What does not
Installation, when launching it's just crashing.
What was not tested
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 06 2014||1.7.15||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Scientific Linux 6||Aug 07 2012||1.5.10||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 29 2012||1.5.7||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 14 2013||1.4.1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 10 2012||1.4.1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||MjmC|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|3548||.lnk file is created on the desktop together with the program icon...||NEW||View|
|15590||Photoshop CS3 installation fails due to Bonjour Service startup error||NEW||View|
|25532||iTunes doesn't find shared music libraries||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|27030||iTunes 10.2.2 has UI artefacts (small black vertical line in listview column header separators)||NEW||View|
|27943||iTunes 10.x 64-bit reports incomplete install on startup (GEAR ASPI drivers not installed due to missing 32-bit custom action server)||NEW||View|
|30623||iTunes 10.6.1 UI corruption||NEW||View|
Please note that this is a work in progress. There may be better methods to optimising iTunes under WINE but these are the best so far. If you know of something that could be improved here please let us know.
NOTE 1: your screen might turn black during installs, don't panic, just move your mouse around and you will be able to see windows gradually. Switching workspaces also fixes this.
NOTE 2: The installers will most likely record that they have failed. It should be fine for now though.
1) You might need to use Archive Manager, rar, or WinRar to extract AppleApplicationSupport.msi from the iTunesSetup.exe. Recent tests have not required this, but older versions of WINE seems to still need the extraction.
2) Make sure that your WINE config is set to Windows 7 (your screen might turn black during installs, don't panic, just move your mouse around and you will be able to see windows gradually. Switching workspaces also fixes this.)
3) Run AppleApplicationSupport.msi
4) Once that finishes run iTunesSetup. When it asks you if you want to turn autorun on, select no. iTunes will complain about this later (every time it's launched...) but if you select yes the installer will crash.
5) Switch your WINE configurations windows version to Windows 7.
6) Run iTunes
Check back here often as we will try to keep this up to date in accordance to advancements and suggestions.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: cant run iTunes 10.2.2 by Braden on Sunday April 24th 2011, 22:29
- RE: cant run iTunes 10.2.2 by Francisco Barahona on Sunday April 24th 2011, 23:01
- RE: cant run iTunes 10.2.2 by Austin Funk on Friday June 3rd 2011, 18:00
- RE: iPhone Sync by Chris H on Thursday April 14th 2011, 10:06
- RE: Avoiding distnoted.exe errors by Michael Braxner on Thursday January 27th 2011, 21:44
- RE: iTunes Installation by Chris H on Wednesday December 1st 2010, 18:13