Â- Tested login to store: works
- Tested AppStore: works
- Tested Music Store: work, but can't buy (even free music). Title added in download queue though.
- Tested Radios: list can be retrieved
- Tested Edit Preference: works excepted device Tab that freezes iTunes.
- Did a diagnostic
Network test succedeed.
What does not
Â- Buy a free music from the iTunes Store (missing component)
- Buy a free app from the AppStore (missinÂg component)
- CD/DVD test (I didn't set up a cd drive in wine, maybe this test fails due to this incomplete setup
- Connexion devices test: fails du to non USB port found
- Sync test failed: no device found.
What was not tested
- Sound output not tested (my pulse audio setup is bad so I can't tell) - Video playback (no video for testing)
IMHO, we are near silver rating (at least on x86_64) :-) Note that: - My system has no sound for the moment (beta distribution, and no time to check what's wrong with pulse audio) - I did not configure a CD/DVD drive in wine, and I have no music CD available. - I'm running wine64 with iTunes64bits on 64bits Linux - This is a blank wine install with no other products installed, no fonts, no themes, no missing dlls, nowinetricks, ....
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 20 "Ulyana"||Jul 11 2021||6.5||Yes||Yes||No||Garbage||Wineo|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 06 2014||1.7.15||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Scientific Linux 6||Aug 07 2012||1.5.10||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 29 2012||1.5.7||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 14 2013||1.4.1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|3548||.lnk file is created on the desktop together with the program icon...||NEW||View|
|15590||Photoshop CS3 installation fails due to Bonjour Service startup error||NEW||View|
|25532||iTunes doesn't find shared music libraries||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|27030||iTunes 10.2.2 has UI artefacts (small black vertical line in listview column header separators)||NEW||View|
Please note that this is a work in progress. There may be better methods to optimising iTunes under WINE but these are the best so far. If you know of something that could be improved here please let us know.
NOTE 1: your screen might turn black during installs, don't panic, just move your mouse around and you will be able to see windows gradually. Switching workspaces also fixes this.
NOTE 2: The installers will most likely record that they have failed. It should be fine for now though.
1) You might need to useÂ Archive Manager, rar, or WinRar to extract AppleApplicationSupport.msi from the iTunesSetup.exe. Recent tests have not required this, but older versions of WINE seems to still need the extraction.
2) Make sure that your WINE config is set to Windows 7 (your screen might turn black during installs, don't panic, just move your mouse around and you will be able to see windows gradually. Switching workspaces also fixes this.)
3)Â Run AppleApplicationSupport.msi
4) Once that finishes run iTunesSetup. When it asks you if you want to turn autorun on, select no. iTunes will complain about this later (every time it's launched...) but if you select yes the installer will crash.
5) Switch your WINE configurations windows version to Windows 7.
6) Run iTunes
Check back here often as we will try to keep this up to date in accordance to advancements and suggestions.
I recently recived an email from the administrator to submit a more in depth type report. I am running Ubuntu 10.10 64 Bit on a AMD Phantom, NVIDIA 8800, 3gigs of ram, dual booted with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have Wine 1.3.23 installed successfully running foobar2000,Steam,ect. I downloaded the .exe file right clicked it > run with Wine and nothing happened. I tried this multiple times and waited twenty minutes on one go to see what would happen. I did not use wine tricks,Play On Linux, or Crossover to try and run this program. I will try these methods and post my results here ASAP.
I happened to try Wine Tricks, Play on linux, and crossover with no luck whatsoever. I currently have wine set to Windows XP....Thanks Andrew for your suggestion about setting my Windows version to 7 instead of XP. I will now try this and report back here.
I went to Applications>Wine>Configure Wine>Applications and set my Windows version to 7. I tried again with no luck. I rebooted and tried again with the same results. I tried crossover as well setting my new Bottle to Windows Vista (There is not a Windows 7 Option) with no luck.
Maybe Apple just doesn't want us to break their "perfect" monopoly between Mac and PC....*SIGH* Closed source software sucks....But please EVERYONE try this out! Here is the link to the software:
REPORT YOUR RESULTS!!!! LET"S GET THIS TO WORK!!!!