The latest version of Livestream Procaster, available from the Livestream website as a free download.
Old test results
The test results for this version are very old, and as such they may not represent the current state of Wine. Please consider submitting a new test report.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
* Logging in
* Streaming, both in virtual desktop and without
* Chat (prompts to install flash, but that works fine)
* Resizing stream area
What does not
* With certain games in windowed mode, the stream disconnects with "Recording desktop error" after a few minutes
* Game mode - "Game mode cannot start because DirectX testing returned an error"
* Webcam source and quality options on the "go live" tab often disappear
* All audio sources in the mixer point at the currently recording device
What was not tested
* "Promote" tab
Requires wininet.dll, installable with winetricks
Streaming without a virtual desktop will stream the outlined area on whatever the active workspace is. Using a virtual desktop will confine the stream to the virtual desktop, even when switching the active workspace in GNOME.
The best workaround I had for the audio source issue (in order to stream my game sounds and mic) was to set up two streams at two different sources, and in pulseaudio change one of the recording streams wine requests to a monitor, and leave the other stream on my mic.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
by jsday on Thursday March 21st 2013, 8:06
I followed the howto. I tried everything I could imagine. The program will not launch. It says it installs, but nothing at all happens when I attempt to run it. I've talked to people who use Procaster with Wine, so I know it's possible. I would really appreciate help getting it to work.