After following the HOWTO :
- The launcher works.
- Game start correctly.
- Playing with the graphics settings (resolution for example)
- Sound works
What does not
- Installation since it uses Game For Windows LIVE Client which is unsupported by Wine now.
- Login doesn't work since it requires the embedded Games For Windows LIVE part which is not supported under Wine yet.
What was not tested
- Gameplay since I can't login.
- Others settings changes than graphics settings.
Rated Garbage since Games For Windows LIVE prevent me to login but the game menu run pretty flawlessly and launcher works. My Computer : Intel P8600 + GeForce 9600M GT 512Mo DDR3 @ ForceWare 260.19.06 @ 1680*1050 on Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64 Wine 1.3.4 Game Build : #2144 (09/17/2010)
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 08 2010||1.3.4||No, but has workaround||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
1) You must install the game on Windows and then copy the content to Linux because it uses Games For Windows LIVE Client which doesn't work yet.
2) Download and install Game For Windows LIVE Client under Wine (to get the right DLLs).
3) Install .NET 2.0 under Wine (if you have winetricks : $ winetricks dotnet20).
4) Save and then replace d3dx9_36.dll and d3d9x_40.dll in the Wine system32 directory.
5) In winecfg set d3dx9_36, d3d9x_40 to "native" and set gameux to "disabled" (in order to avoid the parental control problem).
6) Copy l3codecx.al to the Wine system32 directory, then set l3codex.al to "native" in winecfg and finally register it with $ regsvr32 |your wineprefix|
7) Run $ wine Launcher.exe (in the game directory) and wait for the updates.
8) Then the game launch, you have access to the menu and you can set options. Sound works.
This game relies on Games for Windows LIVE platform (Client for installation and embedded DLL for in-game login).
You can't login.
GFWL needs .NET 3.5 SP1 which is not supported by Wine (as of October 2010).
But the game is currently in BETA stage so maybe we can get lucky when it releases =)