Retail version that is distributed via Steam.
As reported before: nearly everything works fine.
- Fallout Launcher
- Normal gameplay
- Extensive gaming (for many hours)
- Playing at 1440x900 pixel with "acceptable" performance.
What does not
- Starting game via launcher*
- Music at the radio on the Pipboy**
- Opening gamebryo console (with default key)***
What was not tested
- Installing. Played a copy of the Windows installation (no-ste*m-version). Had to add/update one registry key:
"Installed Path"="Z:\\PATH\\TO\\Fallout New Vegas\\"
* This stopped working after playing around with settings to fixing sound lags. Setting hardware acceleration to "emulation" in wincfg worked fine. The launcher now complains about missing sound device, but sound works fine. Need to start game through FalloutNV.exe or nvse_loader.exe (for mods using script extension). ** Speaking of "Mr. New Vegas" works well. Background music and stationary radios are also working. *** I had to work around this with "Alternative Console Access" mod. Downloaded/installed the mod and NVSE. Then enabled mod with Fallout Launcher -> "Data Files". Needed to start game with nvse_loader from then on. Game crashes when started via FalloutNV.exe as long as mod is checked/enabled in "Data Files". My hardware: CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8800 @ 2.66GHz GPU: nVidia Corporation G96M [Quadro FX 770M] MEM: 8 GB
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Antergos x86_64||Jun 08 2018||3.9||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Samuel Koch|
|Show||Arch Linux||Mar 11 2018||3.3||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Paul C.|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" x86_64||Mar 22 2018||3.0||Yes||Yes||No||Garbage||Sebastian Alejandro|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Jan 01 2018||3.0-rc4||Yes||Yes||No||Garbage||ivdok|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jul 17 2017||2.12-staging||Yes||Yes||Gold||Lampros Liontos|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|28282||Sound constantly crackling in lot of games||STAGED||View|
|30639||Audio stuttering and performance drops in Star Wolves 3||STAGED||View|
|32986||Fallout New Vegas: Anti-aliasing doesn't work properly||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|35234||Fallout: New Vegas launcher crashes when selecting a DLC by double click||NEW||View|
|37995||Mouse jittering when steam overlay is enabled||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|43637||Fallout New Vegas: Crash on launch using 64-bit prefix||UNCONFIRMED||View|
Things needed to be installed for F:NV to run;
winetricks quartz* - Maybe
*With 1.3.25 onwards, some dll overrides could cause issues (I'm looking squarely at quartz) - This could just have been an issue with me because I have a wine-steam prefix with as many games that work as possible in there, had to move New Vegas to its own prefix after these issues.
The winetricks version of quartz is from directx9, a user reported that he needed the win7 version for it to work. YMMV
This will be updated if anything else comes up as a requirement.