Installing Playing (Fullscreen)
What does not
Launcher Manual Updating Char creation work, bug grafic bug (head won show)
What was not tested
Launcher (won't work, needs .NET4)
Installed VCrun2005/2008/2010 and d3dx9 using wintricks. Manual like Manu did didn work for me, tried other recommendation nothing. Finally i installed BP also in a VMware XP, updated there and copied the updated files to my linux install. Not the easiest way, but it worked! Set Wine to emulate 1680x1050 desktop (that is max res for me) Started the game from the terminal (wine BlackProphecy.exe -config system_Shinava.xml) and runs like a charm fullscreen, no mouse issues btw.. Client Version: 0.8.7_1b
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 16 2010||1.3.7||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Gentoo Linux||Nov 12 2010||1.3.7||Yes||Yes||Silver||Manu|
I just wrote a little Patcher since the official doesn't run in wine:
Just download the file and place it into your Black Prophecy Root Directory
It downloads and looks for your patch files in the (not existing) directory: Patches which will be generated at first use. If you've already downloaded some patches, I recommend you put those there.
If you have any advice for my script, just inform me, I'm not used to shell-scripts very much.
1. Compile wine with the newest patch from: 6971 so you can use the mouselook.
2. Get a clean wineprefix and use winetricks to install: vcrun2010 vcrun2005 d3dx9
3. Move all installation files (currently setup.exe and multiple setup-**.bin) into one directory and start setup.exe with wine
4. After installation, switch to the game directory (not BIN/WIN**/)
5. Download all patches you need which are currently listed in: http://patcher.blackprophecy.com/PatchInfos2.xml (it's not needed to place the patches in this directory, just easier to handle)
6. Execute the patches in order with BIN/WIN**/RTpatch.exe BP_****.rtp
7. If everything went well, (you're free to delete the patches,) change dir into BIN/WIN** and execute the game with: wine BlackProphecy.exe -config system_Shinava.xml