Manual Patching via RTpatch.exe
What does not
Starting the Launcher
Smaller-Grafikbugs (AFAIK only in char-screen)
What was not tested
High Quality settings (because of my poor graficcard)
I've used the Howto I've written for this setup. AFAIK the game runs ASA in Windows, the crashes I've had so far aren't wine-based (rather beta-based). Patcher-Stuff: .net 4.0.30319 is needed for the launcher and patcher, which isn't supported before mono28 winetricks does not have mono28 so far, so I downloaded and installed it from http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/archive/2.8/windows-installer/9/mono-2.8-gtksharp-2.12.10-win32-9.exe But still, the Launcher doesn't work, and the Patcher returns an error about wrong command line parameter (and I don't know the correct one). Launcher returns: System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer doesn't implement interface System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize abnormal program termination http://www.mono-project.com/Accessibility:_Control_Status tells, the function "SplitContainer" isn't implemented, so there's the problem. Client Version: 0.8.7_1b
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 16 2010||1.3.7||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Current||Gentoo Linux||Nov 12 2010||1.3.7||Yes||Yes||Silver||Manu|
I just wrote a little Patcher since the official doesn't run in wine:
Just download the file and place it into your Black Prophecy Root Directory
It downloads and looks for your patch files in the (not existing) directory: Patches which will be generated at first use. If you've already downloaded some patches, I recommend you put those there.
If you have any advice for my script, just inform me, I'm not used to shell-scripts very much.
1. Compile wine with the newest patch from: 6971 so you can use the mouselook.
2. Get a clean wineprefix and use winetricks to install: vcrun2010 vcrun2005 d3dx9
3. Move all installation files (currently setup.exe and multiple setup-**.bin) into one directory and start setup.exe with wine
4. After installation, switch to the game directory (not BIN/WIN**/)
5. Download all patches you need which are currently listed in: http://patcher.blackprophecy.com/PatchInfos2.xml (it's not needed to place the patches in this directory, just easier to handle)
6. Execute the patches in order with BIN/WIN**/RTpatch.exe BP_****.rtp
7. If everything went well, (you're free to delete the patches,) change dir into BIN/WIN** and execute the game with: wine BlackProphecy.exe -config system_Shinava.xml