Standard (free to download/use), Pro and enterprise (ENT) editions available at various prices. Purchasing a Pro/Ent licence provides an unlock code, not a new software package. Two versions are available from the developer's website, this page refers only to the Vista/7 version, not the XP one. The developers are currently evaluating a new release, possibly Wine-specific installer.
NB: New installer and software version released in Feb 2011. This Appdb entry is now somewhat deprecated.
|Version:||Vista/7 - to Feb 2011|
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||1.3.9|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
- Adding, deleting and editing logbook entries.
- Airfield information.
- Database queries and management.
- Database backup and restore.
- The forms that I have tested.
What does not
Most stuff, BUT:
The application has been demonstrated to work with wine, with some modifications. This included getting the pilotlog.mdb file from a Windows installation, and adding the AppData/
- Link to Google Earth does not work.
- Import from Excel. However, this will not work on any installation (in native Windows) without Excel installed, anyway. The developer may do this for you if you ask nicely.
What was not tested
- Import from other logbook software databases.
- Sync with PDA/mobile phone. Windows phone and Android apps are due out in spring 2011.
Works ONLY with some manual installation effort, as described in howto. Hopefully a new launcher will solve the problem entirely.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 19 2010||1.3.9||Yes||Yes||Silver||Charlie Andrews|
The software downloaded and installed a new version in the last couple of days, which went OK until the program restarted. The program will not start, giving error 428.
To repair this, you will need to copy the 'Tech' folder (AppData/Roaming/MCC Pilotlog) from a Windows install.