This third major revision improves the transcoding quality.
The following should work:
- ripping and transcoding (including css encrypted titles)
- preview while ripping
- creating an ISO image to be burned later
- re-Author mode including drag and drop
- full disc mode - Settings
- set start/end frames with frames preview
- direct burning using DVD Decrypter
- the preview at the bottom of the left pane
All development for this program has officially been halted, this is the last version of DVD Shrink that will be released.
- reads content of DVD
- rips content to harddisk: Full Disc and Re-Author function working fine
- video preview works fine
- recoding (shrinking) works fine
all relevant tasks are working fine, no crashes yet
What does not
When creating a new folder to save content to, I type european letters and get a chinese folder.
Workaround for "chinese folder" problem is to create the folder outside DVD Shrink and just use it there.
What was not tested
Direct burning with NERO was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon||Jan 06 2019||4.0-rc4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||CyCroN|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 04 2019||3.0.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||CyCroN|
|Show||macOS 10.13 "High Sierra"||Sep 01 2018||3.0.2||Yes||Yes||No||Garbage||Kevin D'Ambrosio|
|Show||Fedora 20 x86_64||Dec 27 2014||1.7.30||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Jan 24 2014||1.7.11||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Eike Lantzsch|
You need to have windows version to 'winxp' or 'win2k' to get past an ASPI error. This should be the default in newer Wine releases, however if you've changed the default you can make a special entry for DVDShrink in winecfg.
If you want to burn using DVD Decrypter, please read the corresponding AppDB entry.