Things that are required save a working Steam setup:
Things that may be required:
What does not
Everything I tested so far works.
What was not tested
The following Multiplayer modes have not been tested, however, it is to be expected for them to work as well if the Challenge mode works I daresay:
* Settings used: - Shadows: High - Decals: Off (means no decal limit, "best" setting so to say.) * Relevant Hardware: - GeForce 8800 GT, 512 MB video memory size. This is *required* for the "Shadows" setting on "High" to work, mind. - AMD Phenom II 955 - 4 GB RAM * System - Pure 64 bit gentoo with 32 bit (gentoo) schroot environment, hand built (not from package manager). The Magicka setup runs in the 32 bit environment.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 07 2019||4.5-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Dheart|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jun 29 2017||2.10-staging||N/A||Yes||Gold||JÃ©rÃ´me|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Nov 25 2016||1.9.21||N/A||Yes||Gold||Poi Poiu|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Jun 16 2016||1.9.11||Yes||No||Garbage||Reiny Nyt|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan"||May 17 2016||1.9.9||Yes||No||Garbage||Konstantin|
Some components must be installed with winetricks in order to be able to launch Magicka.To proceed, run :
Sometimes, winetricks vcrun2008 is also needed.
In order to install the required components for Magicka, you will have to create a 32 bits wineprefix and install everything there (Magicka included).
To create your 32 bits prefix : WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix winecfg
To start winetricks in that prefix : WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix winetricks
To run Magicka from this prefix : WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix wine /path/to/Magicka/Magicka.exe
Some problems can sometimes be solved by going in winecfg, in the graphic tab and activating these two options :
- Emulate a Virtual Desktop
- Automatically capture the mouse
If your game crash with error related to "system memory" or "out of memory" (bug 29324), you can try this workaround :
- in the graphic menu in the game, set all details to "low" and effects to "off" (you don't need to change the game resolution)
- with winetricks or regedit, set your graphic card memory amount, disable GLSL and multisampling
Error message: File not found: LanguageFont.xnb (triggered when using the settings menu)
Solution: Create a symlink to debug.xnb in the same folder
If you experiment any bug listed above, or any non listed bugs, please report it to wine bugzilla, specifying your wine version : http://bugs.winehq.org/
This will help wine team to solve them.