The following summarises the main feature enhancements in the Version 7.7 release.
SIS and ARES Core Applications
Proteus VSM CPU Models *
* cpu models listed here are updates to already existing library.
Almost everything works.
- Installation works ok,
- Analog simulation works ok,
- Digital simulation works ok,
- schematic capture
- pcb capture works ok (even calling ARES from ISIS and interprocess communication where ISIS sends all the netlists and stuff to ARES works properly !!! -this was not working properly with older versions of wine-)
- export to PDF works ok
- export to Excellon works ok
- printing works ok
What does not
Sometimes some parts of menu background gets "messed up" (pick up the image below the menu), I initially believed it has to do with compiz but exactly same behaviour is with any other desktop/window manager. Does not affect work at all.
Print dialog does not show the "circuit" in the preview image .. does not really affect how printing works.USB simulation does not work. When you plug in your simulated USB device, host just ignores it.
What was not tested
I tested everything I could think of.
apart from usb simulation part, it works better then on XP :) Admin note: rating changed to conform to the rating defintions.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Oct 27 2012||1.5.13||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Current||Fedora 14 x86_64||Mar 08 2011||1.3.12||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 03 2011||1.2.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|