|Latest Wine Version Tested:||5.0.3|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
– Patching to version 1.0.1185a
– Single player -modes work even better than with NT-based Windows versions. No need to change compatibility mode to "Windows 95", no need to install unofficial "2000/XP compatibility patch" or no need to use a slowdown program.
What does not
– Online modes: TCP/IP crashes. I could not test Serial modes, because my testing system does not have serial ports. IPX says: "Protocol not installed (same as with my Windows XP installation)." So, I did not test IPX mode.
– Force Feedback works almost correctly. The effect itself works, but it is constant without any variation. When accessing pause menu, the effect remains on. (The latter is not a problem. The simulator is coded that way, and it also does so under Windows, too.)
What was not tested
– I did not test 3Dfx mode with a glide wrapper. DirectX mode works perfectly.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 21 2021||5.0.3||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||tiar|
|Show||Fedora 17||Jul 29 2012||1.5.8||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 14||Feb 26 2011||1.3.12||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|