- the story mode, if the physics bugs don't come in your way
- the benchmark tool
What does not
- the auto updater (installer crashes)
- the map editor (crash on startup)
- the physics from time to time
- the DirectX settings are not available
- anti-aliasing causes graphics bugs
What was not tested
- dedicated server tool
- Punkbuster (omitted during install)
- the graphical bugs caused by anti-aliasing, which mostly occur on trees, are known and can be avoided by setting anti-aliasing to none - the game occasionally crashes (rare), but it did so back in my Windows Vista/7 days as well, so its most likely not a Wine problem - the installer(s) crash, the workaround is to try it multiple times, if the installer crashes just at the end, the game or patch has been installed anyways and is playable - the physics are really buggy and may cause you to get stuck in the environment, especially severe is the problem in the starting building after the introduction, because this prevents the player from progressing (stuck in the furniture) - NPCs are sometimes flying through the room like being torn by a rubber band, thus communication / accepting missions can be problematic
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||GNU Guix||Feb 12 2019||4.0||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||P. Neidhardt|
|Current||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 21 2017||2.2||No, but has workaround||Yes||Bronze||Wanderer|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 24 2016||2.0-rc2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||siyia|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan"||May 29 2016||1.9.11||Yes||Yes||Gold||Peter|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 04 2014||1.7.22||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Luis Alvarado|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|36697||64-bit InstallShield engine COM server 'ISBEW64.exe' occasionally crashes on OLE teardown (32-bit InstallShield based installers in 64-bit WINEPREFIX)||NEW||View|
|37073||Trees not rendered correctly in Far Cry 2 when anti-aliasing enabled||NEW||View|
|42500||Far Cry 2 NPC are wiggling around, physics are erroneous||UNCONFIRMED||View|
This notes was updated: December 15 - 2012
First of all, thank you for spend your time helping wine to get better,
These are just suggestions to make tests result more clean and more fast to be submitted.
First, install the game from your CD, open the CD folder on your unix and run the setup.exe as any other normal software, then download here the patch 1.03 and install-it on the same prefix as FarCry 2.
Be sure that you have 3D support is working, you can check by typing the follow command:
glxinfo | grep "direct rendering:"
It's also recomended to install the following fonts: tahoma.ttf, arial.ttf and verdana.ttf.
The game shoud work fine. Any problem you can see the Troubleshoot notes and post a coment or submit a bug.
This is a known bug, until now we don't know how to fix-it. Just set AntiAliasing to None in game settinhs.
FarCry 2 crash when AntiAliasing is more than 2x.
AntiAliasing isn't working right on FarCry 2, the best thing is to keep disabled.
FayCry 2 randomly crashes.
This is related to the Bug #23045, until now, the best solution is to install secur32 trought winetrick. But even for some people, that solution doensn't work fine, the best thing in that cases is to lower the video settings, it seems that lower video settings has less crash, if that is your case, don't use anything beyond High on graphics settings.