The client works fine:
- installation and detection of the ActiveFax server (running on the same network).
- opening the client: browsing and editing the faxes
- user choice (user administration on the server)
- connexion to the server through TCP/IP.
Sending a new fax is possible by printing on the fax server. This can be done in cups with the following setup:
MakeModel: HP LaserJet 3P w/ PCL5 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.5 Simplified
Here actfax is the server's hostname and has to be resolvable. Of course the server's IP can be used too.
Other makes and models should work fine too but they recommend this: ActFax automatically processes the printer commands of HP-LaserJet (PCL), Epson-LQ and optionally Postscriptand PDF.
What does not
- No popup to enter the recipient details is shown when a new fax is sent. This has to be done in the client. I don't consider this as a restriction because all of the functionality is there.
- Connexion through NetBEUI does not seem to work.
What was not tested
- Installing as a server on a *nix box.
- Working with more than just one fax modem attached to the server.
No DLL overrides necessary. I am giving Gold because of the missing popup. Admin note: rating changed to conform to the rating definitions.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 28 2011||1.2.2||Yes||Yes||Silver||Christian|