1. Installing the base "WordPerfect" component. No other extra components or features were tested.
2. Editing documents and performing basic tasks.
3. Saving and loading documents after applying workaround.
What does not
1. Trying to save or open a document would normally crash.
2. Trying to insert clip art. Dragging and dropping into the document does not work and trying to use the clipboard results in a memory error.
3. Any use of the clipboard, which results in "Error putting data on Windows clipboard."
I installed the corefonts package using Winetricks.
The crash is due to WordPerfect 8.0 relying on an old Win9x of the Windows Search API to display document previews in the common dialog box. To prevent this, turn off "Use enhanced file dialogs" under "Files" in settings.
What was not tested
More advanced features not mentioned above.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Linux Mint 19.1 "Tessa"||Jan 21 2019||4.0-rc6||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Titan91|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Sep 22 2007||0.9.45.||No||Not installable||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 28 2007||0.9.42.||No||Not installable||Garbage||an anonymous user|