- Backup current .wine dir before start installing.
- Run winetricks to install corefonts, fontfix, msxml3, msxml6, dotnet2, dotnet3, dmusic, dplay, vc2005, vc2008, quicktime76
- Copy msvfw32 in System32 in .wine dir and set to Native in Wine Configuration (winecfg)
- Set Wine version to Windows 7
- Open Sony Vegas Pro 10 installer in a native Windows environment, go to Windows temporary directory and copy SonyInstall_1 folder to your desktop
- Close the installer
- Install IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe, WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe and WMFDist11-WindowsXP-X86-ENU.exe
- Open a terminal, go to the folder and start vegas100.msi with the command "wine start vegas100.msi"
- When the msi freeze (you view the same line for a few time) close with Ctrl + C
- Open the other vegas100.msi from the subfolder "vegas100" and run it from his folder with the same command "wine start vegas100.msi"
- "idem" when the msi freeze close with Ctrl + C
- Find the Sony folder in Program Files folder in .wine dir
- If you found the folder, Vegas 10 is installed!
- Open Vegas 10 and try it with a 30 days serial or register it with your serial
- You must use "Register from another computer" due to a bug in wininet
- Open "Vegas Pro 10" folder in Program Files, Sony folder
- Before starting Vegas 10 disable Error Reporting Client (crash at Vegas startup), go to Program Files > Sony > Vegas Pro 10.0 and edit the file "ErrorReportConfig.xml", at the line "enabled" change the value from "yes" to "no".
- Launch Vegas 10.0 (vegas100.exe)
- Report bugs to Wine AppDB.
What does not
- Main installer
- MSI installers
- Media generators configurations *
- Text generators configurations *
- Video FX configurations (audio configurations still work) *
- Transitions configurations *
- Burn discs from timeline
- Audio from CD import
- There're audiolacks during playback
- Video capture
* After the latest Sony FX restyling of Vegas Pro 10.0 with functions like three columns options is reported a "fixme:graphics:DrawAnimatedRects" missing in Wine
What was not tested
IMPORTANT!! I found a workaround (Vegas 8-9-10) for detach the video preview, go in a Sony Vegas Pro installation in Windows, detach Video preview from the main window, go in View > Window Layouts and save it. Copy it to your environment and apply to Vegas Pro 10.0 in Wine. Video preview is now detached from the main window!