Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results
- Alternative install from readme.txt -
If the SimSafari Setup program doesn't work.
In the abnormal event that the Setup program fails to function, there is a "back door" feature in getting SimSafari to run without installing it. We've left all the necessary files on the CD-ROM, ready to go, so you can copy them to your hard-drive yourself. Here are the steps:
1. The main files are located in the SMSAFARI folder on the CD-ROM. Copy this entire folder
(including subfolders) to your hard drive, preferably to the root directory of Drive C:, so all files are stored in C:\SMSAFARI.
2. If you put the SMSAFARI folder on a different drive or in a different location, you will need to modify the SMSAFARI.INI settings file (located in the SMSAFARI folder). Use a text editor and make the appropriate changes to the lines which contain directory paths. You'll know which lines to change when they contain drive paths such as C:\SMSAFARI\DATA, etc. For example, if you rename the folder as 'SAFARI' and put it on Drive D:, the first entry under [Smacker] would be `path=d:\safari\data'.
3. Run the Microsoft DirectX installation program located in the root directory of the SimSafari CD-ROM. The name of the Setup program is dxsetup.EXE, which will install and configure your PC for DirectX performance. Once DirectX is properly installed, your system will be configured to run SimSafari at optimum performance.
4. Create a shortcut icon on your desktop for the file SMSAFARI.EXE, which is the main program used to launch SimSafari.
What does not
What was not tested
selected in Test Results table below