Good Old Games version
(Same as previously)
1. Single-player seems to function perfectly (didn't run a game to completion)
2. Multiplayer hotseat still works
6. Screen can lock / sleep and the game still remains open afterwards
What does not
1. On Windows, when using multi-monitors, your mouse gets trapped in the monitor you are playing (this means side scrolling works).This is not the case on Linux.
2. Multiplayer options that rely on DIRECTPLAY (other than IP/TCP connection)
3. Multiplayer join IP/TCP doesn't discover other Alpha Centauri instances on the same network
4. Multiplayer host is broken, it simply throws you back to the main menu
5. Secret project videos don't work, it simply shows a white rectangle moving around the screen (other than that, 331 turns still worked). All though this is an error, the game continues afterwards and there is no hard crash.
To join a host via IP you need to install directplay: `winetricks directplay`
Some people use (https://superuser.com/question...) to lock the mouse cursor on one screen.
What was not tested
- Running a game to completion
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 22.04 "Jammy" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 26 2022||7.22||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||James Blackburn|
|Show||Ubuntu 20.10 "Groovy" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 11 2021||6.6||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||James Blackburn|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Sep 13 2020||5.17||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Young Freud|
|Show||Manjaro 18.1.0||Sep 13 2019||4.15||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Matthew|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jun 18 2018||3.10||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||James Blackburn|