* Starting up, most tools work just fine
* Creating a new project, editing and saving
What does not
* Edit Control is causing massive corruption which makes dialog designing impossible at this point without a hack patch
* Undo will crash, might work a few times
What was not tested
* Extensive resource editing, I only need it for dialog designing
See the listed bugs for patches that gets it running
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 08 2011||1.3.29||Yes||Yes||Bronze||hifi|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|19469||ResEdit crashes checking for updates||NEW||View|
|29182||Edit control WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE is not drawn if initially not WS_VISIBLE||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|41092||Stack overflow in ResEdit when opening a resource with dialog containing a tab control||UNCONFIRMED||View|
For editing dialogs, you need to have mingw32 includes installed and configured for ResEdit.
On Debian and Ubuntu, install package "mingw32" and add Z:\usr\i586-mingw32msvc\include\ to ResEdit's include paths at Options -> Preferences -> General -> Include paths.
Wine's include files causes ResEdit to crash, unfortunately.