Release 18, Version 16.0
What does not
After launching aclt.exe, it says that a few dlls and a xmx file are missing
(they have to be extracted, renamed and copied from the cd manually - acdb16.dll, acui16.dll, ac1st16.dll, AcGe16.dll, acdb16enures.xmx - on the cd they have some quirky post and prefixes).
Having the dlls copied, another launch brings the splash screen and freezes wine.
What was not tested
The application itself.
Wine was set to Windows 2000 emulation (98 & XP settings give similar error messages).
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jun 05 2020||5.9||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||ErnyTech|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 17 2012||1.4-rc2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 27 2011||1.3.15||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 07 2010||1.1.41||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 12 x86_64||Mar 18 2010||1.1.38||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|17743||AutoCAD 2008 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2008: Undocked toolbars are displayed incorrectly||NEW||View|
|25120||Microsoft .NET Framework 1.x installer fails with 'CLR error: 80004001' (1.0) or 'Failed to delay load library mscorlib.dll' (1.1) (fusion.CreateApplicationContext is a stub)||NEW||View|
Âby NSLW on (March 26th 2009)
1. Use recent version of Wine(tested with Wine-1.1.17)
2. Download winetricks by following command
3. Install required components by following command
sh winetricks corefonts gdiplus gecko tahoma
It will take some time because winetricks will download all above components
4. navigate to your AutoCAD 2004 CD and run
1. Uninstall your Wine
2. Install Wine-1.1.5
3. Install required components by following command (yes you have to do it again)
sh winetricks gecko
4. Copy "shlwapi.dll" (size 462.5 KB) to your AutoCAD 2004 main directory
5. run winecfg
6. go to "Libraries" tab
7. type shlwapi.dll in "New override for library:" and press "Add"
8. select "shlwapi" and press edit
9. set "Load Order" to "Native (Windows)"
10. close "Wine configuration" window
11. run AutoCAD 2004 and register it
12. Uninstall Wine-1.1.5
13. Install newest available Wine
You can install and register your AutoCAD 2004 using PlayOnLinux (some kind of gui for Wine). I think it's the easiest method because script will tell you step by step what to do. To do so you'll need:
2. POL Helper plug-in