What does not
What was not tested
Anything involving the Skyrim Launcher (using skse_loader.exe instead)
Wine staging and d3d9 patch. Had some audio crackling and (more annoyingly) badly calculated 3D audio until I installed xact through winetricks and overridden all xaudio DLLs.
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Gentoo Linux AMD64||Sep 14 2016||1.9.18||Yes||Yes||Gold||Nicholas O'Connor|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Aug 30 2016||1.9.17||Yes||Yes||Bronze||LunaVorax|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Aug 09 2016||1.9.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Buck Shockley|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Jun 05 2016||1.9.11||Yes||Yes||Silver||Rief|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||May 26 2016||1.9.10||Yes||Yes||Gold||Ash|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|11674||Dual-core unsupported in WoW and SC2||STAGED||View|
|22053||Steam games crash on startup if in-game community is not disabled (gcc bug)||RESOLVED||NOTOURBUG||View|
|28282||Sound constantly crackling in lot of games||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|29067||Skyrim crashes during game intro||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|30123||Mouse pointer is confined in a box lesser than the full screen||REOPENED||View|
|30981||Skyrim: Keys "stick" occasionally||NEW||View|
|30984||Some keys do not work in different games (Trine, Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, Star Trek Online, Gothic 2)||NEW||View|
|32576||Skyrim doesn't display in-game content (Mesa built without floating-point texture support)||RESOLVED||NOTOURBUG||View|
|34041||Skyrim (Steam) hangup on quit||NEW||View|
|36059||Multiple Steam games fail to install DirectX runtime prerequisite, resulting in repeated install attempt on startup ('xinput1_3.dll' locked by client)||STAGED||View|
|37508||Some Bethesda games sometimes freeze during gameplay||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|37995||Mouse jittering when steam overlay is enabled||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|38211||Skyrim: freezes on opening screen||UNCONFIRMED||View|
Go to your home folder and "My Games"->"Skyrim"
Open the "SkyrimPrefs.ini" file.
Find the lines where you see "bFull Screen", "iSize H" and "iSize W"
and change their values to your desired resolution.
To fix crackling and choppy sound with Pulseaudio:
Possible fix 0:
run in some terminal:
while true; do pasuspender sleep 0.02; sleep 60; done
This finally prevents buffer underruns and the sound is perfect then.
Possible fix 1:
Make sure your realtime kit (rt-kit) is installed and functional so it can assign pulseaudio realtime priority. The kernel config CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED needs to be off for this (see here).
Possible fix 2:
Setting SndQueueMax to 15 (default is 10), see here:
If you cannot see underwater (water is solid green):
Edit SkyrimPrefs.ini in your 'My Games\Skyrim' directory and in the [Imagespace] section set bDoDepthOfField=0 and iRadialBlurLevel=0
This is a game bug, not a Wine issue!
Stuck at main screen
Some mods change the fonts in Skyrim and sometimes that ends in wine not showing up the menu of Skyrim. Simple fix is to remove fontconfig.txt in Data/Interface.Crashes, texture bugs etc..
Remember, this is a Bethesda game, a few bugs happen for Windows users too, so blaming wine might not be justified. Please leave comments and bug reports, especially if things that used to work suddenly break.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: by Josep on Tuesday August 2nd 2016, 18:47
- RE: Silent roll causes total freeze by Kate on Wednesday May 11th 2016, 21:57
- RE: Sluggish when NPC's are around by Michael on Tuesday January 26th 2016, 14:06
- RE: Hybrid graphics (Optimus Intel FB, nVidia 3D accelerator) missing textures by Sean Young on Sunday January 24th 2016, 17:26
- RE: No voices: any fix for this? by Matt on Monday November 2nd 2015, 19:44
- RE: No voices: any fix for this? by Michael on Thursday November 5th 2015, 14:26
- RE: No voices: any fix for this? by Denis on Tuesday November 10th 2015, 6:22
- RE: No voices: any fix for this? by Vlad on Monday April 11th 2016, 22:56
- RE: Graphical glitch by Reinhard on Saturday January 3rd 2015, 11:40
- RE: Ubuntu 14.04, WINE 1.7.19, Skyrim hangs on exit to desktop by Rosanne on Sunday August 24th 2014, 11:54
- RE: Ubuntu 14.04, WINE 1.7.19, Skyrim hangs on exit to desktop by LinuxSupahFly on Wednesday August 27th 2014, 11:23
- RE: player walks without pressing any key by Sam Welch on Wednesday July 23rd 2014, 20:18
- RE: player walks without pressing any key by Conner on Saturday August 2nd 2014, 1:51
- RE: player walks without pressing any key by Mariano on Friday January 9th 2015, 5:51
- RE: player walks without pressing any key by Mariano on Friday January 9th 2015, 5:53
- RE: player walks without pressing any key by Reinhard on Friday January 9th 2015, 11:02
- RE: player walks without pressing any key by Mariano on Friday January 9th 2015, 11:32
- RE: player walks without pressing any key by Ezra on Saturday February 7th 2015, 14:56
- RE: player walks without pressing any key by Anthony Ruth on Thursday September 17th 2015, 20:05