- Audio playback, recording, the included virtual instruments, FX, MIDI and audio editing, clip manipulation and more all work using Wine version 1.3.32 in the default configuration.
- Audio performance is best when using WineAsio (WineAsio must be selected as the ASIO driver in the Mixcraft settings).
- When saving or mixing down a file, you must provide the proper extension at the end of the filename, or the file will not be saved.
What does not
- Sometimes, switching virtual instruments assigned to a track can cause Mixcraft to hang.
- The track view scrolls painfully slowly, and some other GUI elements are considerably slower than under Windows, such as the mixer.
- Instrument categories and patch names are not alphabetized.
- There are graphical glitches in the piano roll view when zoomed out (it looks fine zoomed in, though).
In particular, the slow scrolling in the track view and the occasional hangs when changing instruments make it very difficult to productively use Mixcraft under Wine.
What was not tested
I didn't test every single instrument and effect.