The test results for this version are very old, and as such they may not represent the current state of Wine. Please consider submitting a new test report.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Entire game interface
What does not
High graphic settings (the FPS is somewhat acceptable at the lowest settings)
Render sequences are extremely slow and lag behind the audio (even with lowest settings)
Flawless sound playback (at certain occasions an extremely loud shriek appears)
What was not tested
1. In the update folder, create a version.txt for version 2.00.7780:
2. Make this version.txt file read-only, so that the updater does not erase it everytime.
3. Uplay requires a more current version of crypt32.dll than the one provided by Wine.
4. winhttp must be set to "Native" in winecfg.
Update and Bugs
by Manu on Friday September 21st 2012, 19:32
I found out there was a bug in 1.05 which made my shader go crazy (everything was very dark - even with shaders disabled) this is fixed in 1.06.
Also I had to patch via the manual Patcher - this is only working if you put it into the Anno-Directory and run it with full path.
Last thing to mention:
I've experienced a few Lags while console output spammed:
fixme:uniscribe:GSUB_apply_ChainContextSubst TODO: subtype 2 (Class-based Chaining Context Glyph Substitution)
This doesn't make the game unplayable, it's just a little disturbing from time to time.
Updated Game Launcher
by Yuri Shishenko on Thursday July 5th 2012, 2:34
After Game Launcher update the game doesnt launch.
After pressing "Start game" button nothing happens. After 1 minute appears game results windows that shows that the game played 1 minute. It means that game crashed.
I've tried this with current git (since the patch for the mentioned bug is already in git, so it's not needed to patch anymore when this will be released) - currently I haven't tried 1.5.5 but I've tried 1.5.6 with the patch you mentioned (it applied without an error). Reinstalled Anno in a clean prefix (since it didn't start in my old one) and I wasn't able to start it after all.
I've patched it in a vmware with windows running in it since the patcher didn't worked neither.
Anyways it still looks like the patch failed (see my log) since ReadFileEx is still failing, but I'm 100% sure the patch submitted is applied (I checked the source!).
So after all, here's the relevant part of my log:
2012-06-21 03:15:38 [ 73] [INFO ] OrbitGameFacade.cpp (180) : Starting game with product id 22.
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 110004 (device=11 access=0 func=1 method=0)
2012-06-21 03:15:47 [ 13] [ERROR ] NamedPipeReceiveLoop.cpp (74) : ReadFileEx failed, error = 109.
2012-06-21 03:15:47 [ 55] [INFO ] OrbitGameFacade.cpp (265) : A game connected to the pipe.
2012-06-21 03:15:47 [ 55] [ERROR ] OrbitGameFacade.cpp (294) : Game connection closed due to corrupt message.
Autoupdater doesn't work.
by Yuri Shishenko on Sunday May 20th 2012, 8:59
When I'm trying to launch game, autoupdater appears. But it it can't install any updates because it can't connect to the internet. It can't connect even throught proxy. Offline updater also can't install updates because no connection.
I made it work now.
Perhaps it works cause I used update 1.01 and a cr***.
But on my PC it crashes, cause i've a) an AMD card and b) the open source drive :P XD
But i get the screen displaying "shader loading"