What does not
Everything after hitting "Play". A swtor.exe process is created, but the game never properly launches.
What was not tested
Anything past the launcher.
I've tried Wine 1.5.1 up to 1.5.4, both patches with the KUSER_DATA fix and without. The game no longer launches after a recent patch.
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 18 2012||1.5.4||Yes||No||Garbage||Hideaki|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 04 2012||1.5.3||Yes||No||Garbage||Benjamin Lawrence|
|Show||Gentoo Linux AMD64||May 08 2012||1.5.1||No, but has workaround||Yes||Bronze||hirschhornsalz|
|Show||Aptosid 64bit||Mar 22 2012||1.5.0||N/A||Yes||Gold||Hideaki|
|Show||Aptosid 64bit||Mar 18 2012||1.5.0||N/A||Yes||Gold||H. M. Kruse|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|29168||Multiple games and applications need realtime updates to KSYSTEM_TIME members in KUSER_SHARED_DATA (Star Wars: The Old Republic game client, GO 1.4+ runtime)||NEW||View|
|30148||Star Wars: The Old Republic - slow loading times||RESOLVED||NOTOURBUG||View|
1) Ensure that git is installed:
sudo apt-get install git
sudo yum install git
2) Get a copy of the wine source:
git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine-git cd wine-git
3) Get a copy of the patch:
wget -O KUSER_SHARED_DATA http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=40435
4) Make sure that you have the requirements to compile wine:
Check out this link for 64 bit systems. You may want to only build the 32bit version to simplify things:
5) Apply the patch:
cat KUSER_SHARED_DATA | patch -p1
6) Build wine:
See Bug 29168 for more details.
- Change to the Loading Screen directory.
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Electronic\ Arts/BioWare/Star\ Wars\ -\ The\ Old\ Republic/swtor/retailclient/LoadingScreens/
- Rename the loading screens
mv LoadingScreen.jpg LoadingScreen.jpg.bak
mv LoadingIconAnim.dds LoadingIconAnim.dds.bak
At this point you will have a blank screen loading the server list, and people have seen long pauses while try waiting for the server list to load.
This is an appdb entry for an old version of SW: TOR. It is being archived to retain old comments.
Check out the new version.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: Black Screen after some time in game by sxe on Wednesday July 11th 2012, 12:08
- RE: No Internet On Ubuntu 12.04 Beta by StefanT on Thursday April 12th 2012, 16:04
- RE: No Internet On Ubuntu 12.04 Beta by Cory on Thursday April 12th 2012, 21:28
- RE: No servers by StefanT on Saturday April 7th 2012, 9:43
- RE: Running on high setting (framerate and artifacts) by Cory on Tuesday March 20th 2012, 23:18
- RE: Running on high setting (framerate and artifacts) by zephar on Friday March 23rd 2012, 10:37
- RE: Blackscreen problem by Brian on Friday March 30th 2012, 10:26
- RE: Get past launcher, but crashes by Cynyr on Sunday March 25th 2012, 12:45
- RE: Get past launcher, but crashes... Any fix yet? by B.K. on Saturday March 31st 2012, 1:09
- RE: Get past launcher, but crashes by B.K. on Saturday April 14th 2012, 0:18
- RE: Trying for OSX Snow Leopard by Jozef Bacik on Wednesday March 14th 2012, 19:27
- RE: ALT command. by haxx on Friday March 23rd 2012, 18:52
- RE: For people running Ubuntu 64bit by Brian Sutton on Wednesday March 14th 2012, 19:13
- RE: Proof of concept, KUSER PATCH by Coy Barnes on Friday March 9th 2012, 20:06
- RE: Proof of concept, KUSER PATCH by zephar on Friday March 9th 2012, 22:29
- RE: Proof of concept, KUSER PATCH by Coy Barnes on Friday March 9th 2012, 23:02
- RE: Proof of concept, KUSER PATCH by zephar on Saturday March 10th 2012, 18:26
- RE: Proof of concept, KUSER PATCH by Kane on Tuesday March 13th 2012, 18:11
- RE: Latest git source by Jonathan on Thursday December 29th 2011, 10:26
- RE: Stuck on by Michael Andersson on Friday December 23rd 2011, 5:14
- RE: Stuck on by Dif on Sunday December 25th 2011, 6:38
- RE: Stuck on by Agifem on Tuesday December 27th 2011, 3:19
- RE: Stuck on by zephar on Tuesday December 27th 2011, 16:38
- RE: heroengine / .net by Ahmed W. on Wednesday December 28th 2011, 17:26
- RE: No Window after launcher by Richard Griffith on Thursday December 22nd 2011, 7:30
- RE: No Window after launcher by Agifem on Thursday December 22nd 2011, 8:00
- RE: Please note by Dif on Wednesday December 21st 2011, 4:12
- RE: Please note by Jason Wood on Wednesday December 21st 2011, 8:52
- RE: Please note by doh123 on Wednesday December 21st 2011, 13:46