- Installing, patching, starting and playing the game
- Widescreen with a patch, high resolutions, maximum details
- Sounds, Music
What does not
- The game needs "winetricks directmusic". Afterwards, dsound.dll has to be set to "Builtin" again.
- The title bar is always visible, unless you disable window decorations in winecfg
- Cutscenes are unskippable, unless you install Gothic 1/2 SystemPack
What was not tested
- Mods, Controllers
The SystemPack is highly recommended, as it fixes a lot of bugs with the game and makes the annoying cutscenes skippable. The game is perfectly playable with the mentioned overrides.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||opensuse leap 15.1||Jan 18 2020||4.20||Yes||Yes||No||Garbage||Schweineschwarte|
|Show||openSUSE Leap 42.2 x86_64||Mar 26 2017||2.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||LokiDrow|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Oct 13 2015||1.7.52||Yes||Yes||Gold||Florian Pelz|
|Current||Slackware64 -current||Feb 28 2015||1.7.37||Yes||Yes||Gold||Danny Schmarsel|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks"||May 09 2014||1.7.18||Yes||Yes||Gold||Konstantin|