- Installation. Need vcrun2005 to work
- Playing (after doing some manipulations)
What does not
- Movies. You must rename file movies.rcf to disable game movies. This cause a huge drawback as movies are a big part of the storyline and gameplay.
- Sound. Yo must install Xact dlls to avoid game errors about missing Xaudio dlls. Thoses errors do not forbid the game to launch.
- Saving. Even if you can save, you will have to redo game from the beginning after loading save.
- Game Rendering is messed up unless you enable StrictDrawOrdering
What was not tested
Game was tested using wine 1.4, 1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.5.2, 1.5.3 and 1.5.4. Leaving 1.4 for test reference because it worked the exact same ways for each version.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 09 2020||5.0||N/A||Yes||No||Platinum||andy|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||May 06 2016||1.9.8||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Nick|
|Show||Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 15 2016||1.9.1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Current||Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" x86_64||May 13 2012||1.4||Yes||Yes||Bronze||WineFan62|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|18987||Some games using BINK engine v1.9x crash randomly on intro video playback (Prototype, Driver: San Francisco)||NEW||View|
|39736||Prototype 2 crashes||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|46472||Linux kernel 4.19 breaks startup of BO2 due to change in PTRACE_POKEUSER hw breakpoint behavior||UNCONFIRMED||View|