What does not
What was not tested
Works great, but you will likely need to use this command to launch it: setarch i386 -3 wine "/path/to/diablo-3/Diablo III.exe"
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Nov 23 2014||1.7.31||Yes||Yes||Gold||Zachary Hill|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 15 2014||1.7.16||Yes||Yes||Gold||Capitan Pistacho|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 02 2014||1.7.11||Yes||Yes||Gold||Dan (Strit) Johansen|
|Show||Linux Mint 15 "Olivia" x86_64||Oct 12 2013||1.7.3||Yes||Yes||Platinum||N3oTraX|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 25 2013||1.6||Yes||Yes||Gold||Corben|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|11674||Dual-core unsupported in WoW and SC2||STAGED||View|
|30849||Diablo 3: Hangs on "Authenticating Credentials"||REOPENED||View|
|30920||Diablo 3: Random freezes||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|30963||Diablo III (downloader): Menu bar entries are keeping the background color||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|30964||Diablo III (downloader): Font is flickering in the "Connection Info" menu||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|30967||Diablo III: Resolution problems without virtual desktop||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|31072||Diablo III: Sound is very quiet||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|31262||Diablo III in game mouse cursor Out of sync, hangs in place.||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|31839||Mouse jumps to the upper left corner of the screen||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|32083||Diablo III: Missing logo on startup||NEW||View|
|32084||Diablo III: Crash on changing from fullscreen mode to window mode||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|32179||Diablo III: changing keyboard layout to nonlatin makes all letters to be questionmarks||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|33111||Graphical Artifacts in Diablo 3 on AMD Graphics||RESOLVED||NOTOURBUG||View|
|35990||keyboard becomes unresponsive in blizzard games||UNCONFIRMED||View|
this workarround is not needed anymore with wine versions 1.9.x, but just in case...
"On systems with more than 4 GB of memory Diablo III sees an unusual amount of memory (from its perspective) due to differences in the memory layout on Windows and Linux. As a result of this, many aspects of the application will fail to function properly (including the Auction House, chatting, authenticate, and closing the game). To resolve this problem you need to run the game in particular way to tell Linux to use a Windows-like memory address space:
setarch i386 -3 wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.exe
Once you have done this the game should function appropriately."
In theory this workarround is not needed anymore with wine versions 1.9.x, but just in case...
1. How to run the game
you execute the battle.net launcher with the following command:
setarch i386 -3 wine 'c:\program files\battle.net\battle.net launcher.exe
fixes many freeze and network issues.
2. how do I fix audio with PulseAudio
default-fragment-size-msec = 5
after that the volume was really low and it appears that pulse volumes bars per application. so just clicking on the sound Icon, tools icon and going to Applications tab allowed me to adjust the volume of the game.
thanks to this wonderful community we've got the game working great! :)
keep up the good work!
AT THIS MOMENT IS FIXED BUT I LIVE IT HERE, JUST IN CASE.
Don't worry, is not working also on windows, it hangs, on inventory, kanai cube, loading... they are creating a fix, they say probably is a 32 bit problem, but seems happening on 64 bits also, so if in windows fails, expect also on linux with wine.
Btw setting texture quality to low works fine, maybe somebody should tell it to windows users :P.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: Unable to run in new battle.net desktop app by Mikko Rantanen on Tuesday January 14th 2014, 23:58
- RE: Unable to run in new battle.net desktop app by Justin Dray on Wednesday January 15th 2014, 0:52
- RE: Unable to run in new battle.net desktop app by Andrew Schott on Tuesday January 21st 2014, 20:26
- RE: Unable to run in new battle.net desktop app by Justin Dray on Tuesday January 21st 2014, 21:22
- RE: Unable to run in new battle.net desktop app by Dan (Strit) Johansen on Sunday February 2nd 2014, 6:08
- RE: Unable to run in new battle.net desktop app by Justin Dray on Sunday February 2nd 2014, 6:54
- RE: Unable to run in new battle.net desktop app by Dan (Strit) Johansen on Sunday February 2nd 2014, 6:59
- RE: Battle.net App Crashes at Startup by Justin Dray on Wednesday January 15th 2014, 0:53
- RE: Battle.net App Crashes at Startup by Brandon Bertelsen on Wednesday January 15th 2014, 21:20
- RE: Battle.net App Crashes at Startup by Justin Dray on Wednesday January 15th 2014, 22:52
- Battle.net App Crashes at Startup with blank windows preventing login by octatron on Thursday July 7th 2016, 9:09
- RE: Diablo 3 and open-source amd drivers by thathatman on Sunday October 13th 2013, 15:46
- Responsive Black screen with sound problem by vexorian on Saturday June 29th 2013, 19:50
- RE: Anyone got banned in the last few months? by Doug Jacobsen on Sunday July 21st 2013, 16:31
- RE: Diablo 3 performance on wine is greater, than on Windows by jg on Friday April 19th 2013, 19:21
- RE: by Guy Fleming on Tuesday August 26th 2014, 8:59