What does not
Cannot find anything that does not work.
What was not tested
PVP was not tested, but see no reason it would not work.
I placed a new compiled Wine at my share location. I tested without the patches with no luck, patches still required. I picked Gold status this time as the game is running better with this release of wine.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 24 2021||6.9||Yes||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Wesley|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 15 2019||4.21-staging||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Silver||Robin Norling|
|Show||Arch Linux||Nov 19 2019||4.20||No||Not installable||No||Garbage||Fuzen|
|Show||KDE neon||Dec 30 2018||3.21-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Yago|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 14 2017||2.8||Yes||Yes||Gold||Dr. Wes Snyder V|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|12067||Multiple applications fail due to user32 OpenInputDesktop stub (TeamViewer, QQ International, Inspect tool from Windows Platform SDK)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|19748||Multiple games complain about checking occlusion query results from the wrong thread (Metro 2033, Unreal Tournament 3, Counter Strike: Source, Metro 2033, Call of Duty 4, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Final Fantasy XIV, Half-Life 2)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|27168||chromium-based apps can't load https sites||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|34388||Multiple games fail to validate their signed executables due to unknown items in embedded CMS certificate (Star Citizen, Affects Elder Scrolls Online, TERA)||STAGED||View|
|34908||TERA Online patcher fails to start||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|36845||Tera Online launcher crashes||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
|37338||Multiple games and applications using Boost.Interprocess need 'NtQuerySection' implementation (file-backed shared memory)(RobloxPlayer, Tera Online)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|37688||Tera Online Launcher fails on startup, reporting "SteamSupport:ERROR:MessageQueue initialize error, name='message_queue_8', error='File exists.'"||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
|37725||Tera Online seems to Freeze||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|39333||TERA client 2015.09.24 crashes on unimplemented function bcrypt.dll.BCryptCreateHash||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|41634||TERA Launcher 2.x fails on startup with 'unable to load copycub.dll file: Interop load failed' (Certificate not trusted by trust provider)||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
|45512||Some versions of TERA Online client wrapped with Xigncode3 crash on startup||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
Couple of items to note:
1. Need 32bit PREFIX, I could not get 64bit PREFIX working even if patches. I used a 32bit virtual machine to build. You could also build in a chroot. Seewiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit for more information. # TODO: need to confirm
2. The default Windows XP profile does not seem to work (at least with wine-staging-1.8.9), after I changed to Win 7 profile, the launcher started to work.
Winetricks installed in my PREFIX:
As of 24.01.2015, it seems that wine-staging build is required in order to launch TERA-launcher.exe properly. It can be found at https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging
It will still not work though, you need to remove boost_interprocess stuff (which then will get recreated, so this is required for every launch), by executing rm ~/.wine/drive_c/users/Public/Application\ Data/boost_interprocess/* or whatever is correct for your env.
Performance seems to stutter quite a bit due the Flash based HUD, which can be tested by hiding the HUD using ctrl+z (default keybinding).
There is another performance related problem, where most actions lags quite a bit behind due the UI being fairly slow. Hiding the clock and FPS counter makes the UI more responsive, so disabling these two settings is suggested.
Installing new Flash with winetricks
sh winetricks flash
seems to help by few FPS points.
Removing mini map (N key by default) also seems to help by few FPS.