Star Wars: The Old Republic
The galaxy is in turmoil. War rages across countless worlds as Republic and Imperial forces struggle for control of critical resources. Amidst the chaos, threats emerge from all sides. The planet Denova, known for its extensive deposits of baradium ore, has been seized by a band of mercenaries and veteran Imperial defectors with mysterious motives. If they are not dislodged, the explosive arsenal they can create will give them the power to destroy any armed force – Republic or Imperial. On Corellia, a corrupt councilor attempts to maximize hypermatter profits by playing both sides of the conflict, and the crazed mastermind behind the Rakghoul outbreak, discovered on Ord Mantell, continues to threaten the lives of all sentient beings in the galaxy…
Everything with patch mentioned below.
What does not
Game is too slow to really play, but it may be caused by not-so-fast hardware. Anyway, I've managed to do Black Talon flashpoint somehow.
What was not tested
Operations, other planets, than Korriban and Dromund Caas.
3.5.4-1-ARCH, AMD E-450 (2x1.6GHz) & RadeonHD 6320, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, SSD.
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Oct 01 2012||1.5.13||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 18 2012||1.5.9||N/A||Yes||Garbage||Jason Wood|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 11 2012||1.4||N/A||Yes||Gold||Chilihead|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|29168||Multiple games and applications need realtime updates to KSYSTEM_TIME members in KUSER_SHARED_DATA (Star Wars: The Old Republic game client, GO 1.4+ runtime)||STAGED||View|
|30148||Star Wars: The Old Republic - slow loading times||RESOLVED||NOTOURBUG||View|
1) Ensure that git is installed:
sudo apt-get install git
sudo yum install git
2) Get a copy of the wine source:
git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine-git cd wine-git
3) Get a copy of the patch:
wget -O KUSER_SHARED_DATA http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=40435
4) Make sure that you have the requirements to compile wine:
Check out this link for 64 bit systems. You may want to only build the 32bit version to simplify things:
5) Apply the patch:
cat KUSER_SHARED_DATA | patch -p1
6) Build wine:
See Bug 29168 for more details.
You need the native libraries d3dx9 and vcrun2008 installed to run the game. The easiest way to install these libraries is by first installing winetricks with your package manager:
sudo apt-get install winetricks
sudo yum install winetricks
You can also download winetricks directly:
wget http://winetricks.org/winetricks chmod +x winetricks
Installing the prerequisites:
winetricks d3dx9 winetricks vcrun2008 winecfg
The launcher window seems to be composed of two different frames: the actual useful frame that contains the login screen, and a style frame that is mostly black. As of a recent patch to the launcher, these two frames no longer align properly making it impossible to log in to the game. You can work around this problem by launching the game in a virtual desktop sized to fit the launcher window:
wine explorer /desktop=SW:TOR,1000x614 launcher.exe
You can later select a different resolution when the game launches.
See Bug 31186 for more details.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: by Bob on Sunday May 5th 2013, 8:23
- RE: Hanging when logging into a server... by Geriain on Monday November 19th 2012, 9:19
- RE: Loading Screen by Ozan on Thursday November 15th 2012, 2:21
- RE: Loading Screen by Geriain on Thursday November 15th 2012, 11:53
- RE: Loading Screen by Ozan on Thursday November 15th 2012, 11:58
- RE: Unable to load application configuration by gregor on Sunday November 11th 2012, 13:49
- RE: Crashe on map access as of SWTOR 1.4 by sacha on Saturday September 29th 2012, 12:46
- RE: Crashe on map access as of SWTOR 1.4 by Rawfox on Friday October 19th 2012, 7:31
- RE: Crashe on map access as of SWTOR 1.4 by Chilihead on Friday October 19th 2012, 12:58
- RE: Crashe on map access as of SWTOR 1.4 by John Marszalek on Monday October 29th 2012, 12:29
- RE: Game hangs after a while by Chilihead on Friday September 28th 2012, 12:47
- RE: Game hangs after a while by Yiorgos Niotis on Saturday September 29th 2012, 2:50
- RE: Game hangs after a while by Matt Laffin on Saturday September 29th 2012, 10:08
- RE: Game hangs after a while by Matt Laffin on Saturday September 29th 2012, 10:20
- RE: Game hangs after a while by Yiorgos Niotis on Saturday September 29th 2012, 14:26
- RE: Game hangs after a while by sacha on Saturday September 29th 2012, 15:20
- RE: Game hangs after a while by Matt Laffin on Sunday September 30th 2012, 2:08
- RE: Game hangs after a while by John Marszalek on Wednesday October 17th 2012, 21:58
- RE: Better.. by Shawn on Wednesday August 22nd 2012, 21:40