- I originally Had the product installed and working in a Windows 7 environment (Boot Camp).
- In that mode, I had enabled U3 Mode (View->Local Global Options->U3 Mode Options->Enable U3 Mode).
- I copied the entire Install folder (Prog Files\Dameware\etc.) to a folder local on my Mac (OSX 10.7.4)
- From there I ran through a tutorial I found for installing and setting up wine. (http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/)
- I also downloaded and ran through a few scripts with winetricks.
- download, save as, etc. http://winetricks.org/winetricks
- sudo cp winetricks /usr/bin
- sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/winetricks
- I then had to get dotnet 2 updated with winetricks dotnet20, dotnet20sp1 and dotnet20sp2
- Once all of that was done, I could run wine and it worked. All of my saved information was there. It did ask me once about purchasing a license again for Dameware but I closed and reopened and it kept working as I would expect. I guess it saw the license or whatever after it opened the first time.
What does not
Per my instructions above, I have not seen anything yet that does not work.
That said, I also tried to run the installer for the product and that failed miserably.
What was not tested
Remember to run the install on a windows box, activate it for a good license and then enable U3 Mode before moving it to your Mac instance.