Retail release January 29, 2013
This entry is just for testing the installer of Microsoft Office 2013 (aka Office 15) office suite.
Reports on specific programs included in Office 2013 should be submitted to their respective AppDB entries.
Office 2013 is available in 5 editions:
installation suceeded partially with winetricks msxml6
What does not
The installation/registration somehow died because of "Click to run" was not working properly.
1. Downloaded current installer
2. Found out it suffered from msxml bug
3. In a clean wineprefix installed msxml6 from winetricks
4. Tried to install it again - deadloop at ~83%, but it is mostly installed (even winemenubuilder did their job)
5. Killed the installer
6. Tried to start Word from the menu: Click to Run service starts, WINWORD.EXE starts, then WINWORD.EXE stops and OfficeC2RClient.exe starts and stalls.
msxml6 from winetricks allowed the installer to reach 83%
What was not tested
actual programs, registration
Tested Professional Plus downloaded yesterday from MS.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian 11||Nov 17 2022||7.21||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Alois Schlögl|
|Show||Linux Mint 20.1||Jun 17 2021||6.0.1||No||Not installable||No||Garbage||Metalinux|
|Show||Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS||May 09 2020||5.7||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Rodrigo Vega Moreno|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 03 2019||4.19||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||nomadmz|
|Current||Debian 10.x "Buster"||Jul 14 2019||4.12.1-staging||No, but has workaround||No||Yes||Garbage||boskar|
Test reports that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected.
There are known regressions affecting the Office 2013 installer in the versions of Wine listed below. Do not attempt to install in them.
2.18--3.0-rc4 (bug 44036)