Retail release January 29, 2013
This entry is just for testing the installer of Microsoft Office 2013 (aka Office 15) office suite.
Reports on specific programs included in Office 2013 should be submitted to their respective AppDB entries.
Office 2013 is available in 5 editions:
After playing with a few more options, overrides, and workarounds, I managed to get the installer to get quite a bit further. It gets past the setup phase, and into the download/install phase, and even prompts for activation. However, it all falls apart around then.
What does not
Installation eventually still fails. The WINE console output spits out lots of messages about Direct3D errors. The installer then reports "Something went wrong" and "Sorry, we ran into a problem.". There is a window that pops up that is full of garbled pixels. Another window pops up prompting for activation. Another window pops up telling you that Office is being prepared, and that it should only take a few minutes. The progress bar just cycles forever (I let it sit for a half hour).
App icons show up in Gnome, but launching Word or Excel reports errors with the installation, so it's clear the install didn't complete.
What was not tested
Completed installation, uninstall.
Getting this working involved some research and experimentation...what finally worked: 1) use 32-bit arch (WINEARCH=win32) and installer 2) Use winetricks to install msxml6 (WINEPREFIX=... winetricks msxml6)...without this, it will error out during initial setup at around 68% with an XSD parse error. 3) Use winetricks to install dotnet40 (WINEPREFIX=... winetricks dotnet40)...without this, the installer will get past initial setup, then fail at ~21% during download/install. 4) Use Windows 7 environment 5) Supposedly, using regedit (WINEPREFIX=... wine regedit) to cap Direct3D GL to v3.2 (which includes support for compatibility profiles) to workaround missing features in GL v4 (HKEY\CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\MaxVersionGL = (DWORD) 0x30002...note, you will probably need to create the Direct3D key) is supposed to fix the D3D errors. dotnet35, dotnet45 both don't install, nor work. Also, there is an override (riched20) you may need to add AFTER installation has completed. I also used winetricks to install corefonts. It seems that installing the following Arch Linux packages got some more errors to go away and get as far as the activation prompt, but install still fails: lib32-libxslt libwbclient lib32-libxml2
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Aug 24 2017||2.15||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Jason Cone|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 26 2017||2.2||No||Not installable||Garbage||MK|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 26 2017||2.2||No||Not installable||Garbage||MK|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 24 2017||2.1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Tormen|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 08 2017||2.1||No||Not installable||Garbage||Aurélien|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|38648||Multiple games and applications need support for Mesa OpenGL >= 3.2 core profiles, Shader Model 4, GLSL 1.50 (Microsoft Office 2013 installer, .NET/XNA games)||NEW||View|
|39810||Office 2010/2013/2016 Pro Plus uninstallation fails||NEW||View|
|43581||Office 2013 365 installer: Something went wrong||NEW||View|
Test reports that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected.